General Dentistry Near You
General dentistry refers to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a varied range of conditions, diseases and disorders that may affect your teeth, gums and jawbone. It involves digital X-rays, regular check-ups, cleaning and polishing of your teeth on a daily basis. The pictures of your teeth are placed on a screen to let you and your family members know about the kind of treatments that you will require. The dentists can also provide oral health care and periodontal maintenance for patients of all age group.
What happens during a routine check-up?
If it is your first appointment at the practice, your dentist will take a full dental and medical history. They will also:
- Thoroughly examine your teeth, gums and mouth.
- Take X-rays if necessary.
- Discuss any dental problems you may have had since your last visit
- Discuss general health and dietary issues that can affect your teeth and gums – such as alcohol consumption or smoking.
- Discuss your teeth-cleaning habits, such as brushing technique, and recommend any improvements such as interdental brushes or flossing as required.
- Explain any further treatment you may need, such as fillings, root canal treatment or hygienist appointments.
- Provide you with a full treatment plan.
- Answer any questions you may have regarding your treatment and what options are available.
- If you require no other treatment, your dentist will let you know when you should come for your next routine check-up.
- Maintain good oral health
- Spot any problems early
- In many cases, prevent problems before they start