For people who have lost any or all of their teeth, dentures are a common and successful remedy. They not only restore your smile but also help you speak and eat more comfortably. Selecting the right denture is crucial for meeting your needs. Your dentist can help you explore the different options for dentures in Red Deer to help you find your best fit.
1. Full Dentures
When all of the natural teeth are missing, full dentures are considered. They are made of a flesh-colored acrylic base that is worn over your gums. The upper denture’s base covers the roof of your mouth, while the lower denture’s base is curved like a horseshoe to fit your tongue. Full dentures are manufactured to look exactly like your natural teeth and are held in place by vacuum and, in certain cases, dental adhesive.
2. Partial Dentures
When some natural teeth remain, partial dentures are recommended by a dentist near Lacombe. They are made using a metal framework or a plastic base to which one or more prosthetic teeth are affixed. Clasps or precision attachments that hold the remaining natural teeth secure partial dentures in your mouth. They not only fill in the gaps, but they also keep the remaining teeth from shifting.
3. Implant-Supported Dentures
Dental implants surgically implanted in your jawbone hold implant-supported dentures in place. These dentures are more stable and secure than conventional dentures because they are attached to the implants. Implant-supported dentures improve chewing efficiency and closely mimic the natural sensation of teeth. They are appropriate for both full and partial tooth loss.
4. Immediate Dentures
Immediate dentures are used once the remaining natural teeth have been pulled. These dentures are pre-made and ready to wear immediately following the extraction surgery. While immediate dentures eliminate the need to be without teeth during the healing process, they necessitate more adjustments from a professional dentist near you as the mouth heals and the gums and bones shrink over time.
Overdentures are similar to implant-supported dentures in that they can be worn over natural teeth or dental implants. The remaining natural teeth support and stabilize the denture, improving its retention and usefulness. If you still have a few healthy teeth and want a more secure denture solution, overdentures are an alternative.
Choosing the Right Dentures
- Budget: Although full dentures usually cost less than implant-supported dentures, they may not provide the same level of comfort and stability.
- Appearance: Full and partial dentures can be customized to perfectly mimic your natural teeth, creating a flawless and aesthetically pleasing look.
- Oral Health: The condition of your natural teeth and jawbone is important in deciding the best denture for you. If you still have healthy teeth, partial or overdentures can be an option.
- Stability and Comfort: Consider implant-supported dentures if you want the most solid and appealing option. They provide a secure fit and allow you to eat and speak freely.
- Consultation: Consult a dentist or prosthodontist for the right denture. They consider your oral health, lifestyle, and budget for an informed choice.
The right type of denture near you is frequently determined based on the aforementioned considerations. Each version has advantages and disadvantages. You can make an informed decision and reclaim your ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence by visiting with a dental specialist. Don’t let missing teeth impact your quality of life; instead, select the best dentures for your needs.
Visit Blackfalds Dental Centre to Determine the Right Option to Restore Your Smile!
Are you looking for the best way to restore your smile and reclaim your confidence? Our community dental clinic is the place to go! We have an experienced dental team who is ready to help you find the best solution for your needs, ensuring a beautiful and functional smile, whether it’s one missing tooth or a more complex issue.
Visit Blackfalds Dental Centre today and let us guide you on your journey to a revitalized smile!